Assassin's Creed Valhalla - My Quest Log is Empty

 

I just really like taking photos of horses.


Update 04/15/21 

I have the impression that some folks are arriving here looking for actual help so I'll try to be helpful for a change. There are known issues that prevent quests from progressing and/or updating in the quest log. No quest objective appearing after pledging to Hamtunscire could definitely result in an empty log if you've done everything else.   Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Known Issues [Updated April 1] Developers plan to address issues listed in future updates. You can also refer to Reported Issue Megathread List | Please check here for your issue! [UPDATED 12/04], Besides waiting for an update, the only solutions I can think of are ones players have probably already tried such as restarting the game or loading an earlier save. My log is empty because I have simply finished all major quests and objectives. If you enjoy viewing video game horse photos and gameplay fail videos or reading debatable opinions feel free to read on or check out the rest of the blog.

Of course, the maps are far from completely cleared. I took this snap while clearing out Norway. I finally did acquire all of the gear. Or at least I don't think players have discovered any more hidden Isu artifacts. Who knows?

Recently, I was wishing for a game like Dragon Age Inquisition and realized I was kind of playing one right now. Both games feature regional conquest directed from an intelligence gathering war room and colourfully rendered worlds chock full of interesting structures, funtastic puzzles, collectibles and side encounters. In that respect, Ubisoft did a far better job. The pacing is better, the regional quests are much more engaging and the puzzles are quite creative. 

Valhalla also took a hard turn back towards sandbox, surpassing AC Origins in that regard. Valhalla is deservedly praised for reimplementing familiar features from previous Assassin's Creed games. Excess is the main complaint and indeed there are a lot of activities I find irritating and can't be bothered with.

I'm putting Valhalla aside until more DLC comes out partly out of boredom and partly because I don't think I can evaluate it fairly at this point. I am also waiting for Cyberpunk 2077's next big update. Watchdogs 2 is sitting unplayed in the PS4 library so it might be fun to compare it to Cyberpunk. Ubisoft vs CD Projekt Red. Hmm.

Comments