Asassin's Creed Odyssey DLC

Minor spoilers

For the first time ever I have achieved a platinum trophy. I achieved this in the AC Odyssey base game while avoiding the Fate of Atlantis DLC. I have completed the main missions in the Bloodline series. That was enjoyable. For once, Kassandra was invested in a romance although it inevitably led to tragedy. I agree that this mandatory romance didn’t make sense from a role playing perspective but it tied the story to Origins and I appreciated that. Once Kassandra recovered she committed to the vulnerable brother she encountered in Korinth and that was the end of romantic flybys for her.

So on to Atlantis and the grueling journey to get there. Elysium is very pretty but irritating to navigate. Enemies can drain adrenaline. Missions are contradictory. I was soon back in Greece pursuing useless achievements. I couldn’t avoid Elysium forever though and eventually Kassandra was chucked to Hades.

I loved this episode despite the gruesome environment. The story lines are rewarding and the boss fights are great. Finally Kassandra arrived in Atlantis. As expected Atlantis is beautiful and confusing. As soon as the last advanced ability was acquired, I returned to Greece and re-specced. Poor Kassandra died of confusion a few times but once I had a handle on the new abilities she went back and dealt with Atlantis.

I had a bit of a what the hell was that about in the aftermath and spent some time reading on line lore. Never mind these DLC are great. They are expansive and add a lot to the base game. All the maps are still cluttered with things to do. I could keep playing for hours. It’s time to move on however and I’ll just have to be satisfied with my trophy.

Comments