Kingdom Come Deliverance: Oh

Warning: Spoilers

When Henry reached Vranik, the enemy occupied fort, a warning flashed that progressing further would cause some uncompleted side missions to fail. I assumed that from here Henry gets locked onto the main quest and that seems true to a degree. I tried to look into these quests while avoiding plot reveals as much as possible. Things don’t look good for Talmberg.

It’s been quite obvious all along that Henry was missing key parts of his life story but I still managed to be surprised somehow by the Vranik plot twists. Part of this was due to not remembering much about early game Skalitz. Henry made multiple escape attempts but sneaking or fighting his way out just didn’t seem possible and he tried making a run for it. I had to watch a You Tube video to learn why Henry couldn’t just jump over the palisade at the designated point. Henry was being spun around so often by combat lock on that I never noticed the use prompt at the palisade. He finally vaulted over and ran off through the darkness in a panic only to fall down a hill or a cliff or something. It was so dark I’m not sure. Fortunately, I had also learned how to recover his belongings so he managed to survive with bandages and Marigold decoctions.

Henry returned to Radzig badly beaten and confused. No one was inclined to enlighten him much. Radzig merely acknowledged Henry’s story and issued more orders. Henry’s a stalwart sort and rather than run off to a tavern or Theresa, he got a good nights sleep and obediently headed straight to Sir Divish. No matter how much I think that I will never play this exhausting game again Warhorse keeps suggesting that I might.

At this point I was treated to some exhilarating cut scenes and battle action only to discover how much of a pawn poor Henry has been. He doesn’t seem to be as furious as I am. He’s just resigned. After an aborted and somewhat hilarious attempt to resolve the situation with the aid of the irrepressible Hans Capon, Henry was assigned to a series of fetch quests and joe jobs.

One simple but important assignment became complicated and caused me to get mad at the game for a second time. Henry had to lie in wait for an assassin who never shows up. I had to reload various saves and do several tedious things over and over to no avail. Eventually Henry just followed him to his room at the inn, picked the lock, stealth killed him in his sleep and dumped his body in a bush. No one noticed this or called a guard and no bounty was issued. The quest failed but he went up a level in lock picking, he was able to progress and I calmed down. Very dissatisfying but an all round win nevertheless.

Everything else went relatively smoothly and Henry is ready I hope to finish this quest line.

Comments