Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy - Drax
Drax is the best

Guardians of the Galaxy is populated with great characters but my favourite is Drax. Edios-Montreal went their own way with this title but stayed faithful to the tone and charm of the movies. Not an easy feat. The music, the writing, the artwork and the gameplay all just worked together as an experience. When I first entered the ship as Peter Quill I felt drawn in by it's imagery. Combat might be a weaker aspect but the game has momentum. As usual, I didn't find much of anything. I didn't even save many photos or clips. I was just swept along.

There is an option to start a new game plus and look for those missing collectibles but for now I'm savouring a first trip through. It wasn't entirely bug free and there was some frustration with loading screens and repetition but the game never broke. There's not much else to say besides this is a likely game of the year contender.

Oh and I shut the fridge door.


 

Comments