Far Cry Primal: Blundering Along

Warning Spoilers

I’m 26 percent of the way through the game now. More of the map is exposed and I’ve cleared off all the easy objectives and nearly all the medium ones. Most importantly, I have gained a bear and a smilidon. I want to call the smilidon Snagglepuss but no. The bear acts like a big goofy dog. They are much stronger than any other pets. Smiley has a disturbing habit of picking up corpses and tossing them.

I read a guide recently and learned how much I don’t know. I’m not using my pets to advantage. Well I am using Smiley like a pit bull. He tries to kill anything he doesn’t intimidate so that’s good otherwise he just skulks along snarling and intimidating me. I didn’t know I could use the owl to direct the pet. This is another case of me seeing an on screen prompt and not seeing it. Thanks to me, Takkar is the least stealthy hunter going. The only way I get stealth bonuses is by repeatedly waiting for the owl to return. I forgot that I can slide into cover from a sprint. The bear can swim. It just goes on and on. No wonder I’m struggling to upgrade gear.

The village now has a population of 104 although it doesn’t seem like it. It’s fun to return and walk around. They’re all so happy and chanting and carrying on. Good times.

Comments