Red Dead Redemption 2 - Finally got a Perfect Moose Pelt

Moose are a bit of a joke in RDR2 because they are a rare spawn for some players. They haven't been for me but something usually goes wrong. The pelt will be poor quality, the moose escapes or I crash into it with an elite Arabian. Recently one became obscured from view by a sudden very dense fog rolling in. So this darn perfect pelt has become an obsession through two playthroughs. Yesterday a moose appeared just as Arthur was leaving Wallace Station. This time he was riding a Mustang and not an Arabian so no crashes and thanks to the buck trinket a good pelt converted to perfect. I wasn't monkeying around with this. I didn't think about taking photos or saving video. I saved the game, went directly back to Wallace Station and took a train to the nearest trapper camp. I couldn't even remember what I wanted it for so badly. The trapper catalogue reminded me that I needed the pelt to craft the Legendary Pronghorn coat which is not even legitimately obtainable until the game's epilogue. I'm not crazy about the outfit. I just want the coat. 


Red Dead Redemption 2 - Legendary Pronghorn Coat


I still don't have fast travel enabled so once the pelt business was finished I had to think about travelling to the original destination and I had a crazy idea. I decided to take the train back but stay on the train and jump out where I actually wanted to go. It didn't work. The train went back to Riggs Station from Wallace Station. Arthur whistled for the horse to follow but he didn't. Arthur had to make a second train trip back to Wallace Station. Upon arrival, the Mustang galloped up to Arthur shaking his head as if to say, "You idiot".  Well at least I didn't kill Arthur by misjudging his exit and leaping off a bridge or something.



Comments