Back to Origins

Ubisoft still has me in their grip. Recently I got fed up with Odyssey’s Alkibiades and attacked him which caused him merely to run off. I lost him in a rocky elevation. I shouldn’t have been surprised he is adept at climbing.

This caused me to return to Origins. It took a bit to get reoriented. The map looked quite barren compared to Odyssey but there was still much to complete including the final DLC. There were multiple unassigned ability points. I had to relearn controller assignments that I never completely grasped in the first place. I want to save my game constantly even though it strictly auto saves. I often forget I’m not immune to fall damage or that I have no health replenishment abilities. I kind of hope no one avenges me. Avenging fallen players is silly idea that doesn’t appear in Odyssey but I have done it a couple of times.

I have mostly been determined to fully exploit tools and abilities. Things don’t always work according to plan but that’s all part of the fun. I spent some time trying to tame various birds but I don’t believe it’s possible so I turned to taking photos with domestic animals. I’ve had some truly weird experiences out in the expansive deserts. I have completed entertaining quests and acquired bizarre mounts, legendary legendary items and spiffy outfits. Hard core medjay is the only thing you can really role play but it’s random and fun.

I just love this game.

Comments